Your smile is so much more than just teeth
Aristotle once famously said, “The whole is more than the sum of its parts.” That thought can easily be applied to your smile. Comprised of your gums, lips, teeth and surrounding bone structure, your smile is significantly more than just another part of your body.
Facial expressions are an important means of communication. Your smile can welcome people, put them at ease and display your confidence. It is capable of bridging language barriers, generation gaps and cultures.
What Constitutes a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a general term for various cosmetic dentistry procedures that can improve one’s smile.
- is one of the most common ways to quickly, comfortably and safely enhance your smile.
- can greatly improve a smile. Made from porcelain, they are very thin facings that are fastened to your teeth. They can be used to whiten teeth, fix chips, close gaps and cover any breaks in an easy and affordable manner.
- are used to replace missing teeth or tooth roots. They help in the preservation and restoration of bone in the jaw, which also helps to preserve and restore the shape of your face.
- offer health, strength and beauty to teeth that have been broken, stained or decayed.
Dental Bridges assist in filling the gaps that have been left by one or more missing teeth.
- Orthotics are used for the purpose of straightening crooked teeth, providing a straight, gorgeous smile.
At Exceptional Dental, Beverly dentist Dr. Ben Polan will thoroughly inspect your jaws, teeth and facial structure. From there, he can recommend the treatments best suited for giving you the smile that you have always desired.
Why a Better Smile can Help You in Life
A straight, pearly smile helps convey health, youth and intelligence. In today’s world, despite what some may choose to believe, appearances really do matter. Whatever you’re doing, be it assisting a customer, going out for a job interview, going on a date, meeting with a client or setting an example for your children, your confidence will help get you through any challenge if you know you look good. It’s often said that a smile is a window to the soul, and when your smile is at its best, you’ll be able to put forth a beautiful, confident soul.
Often, an unsightly smile can be a side effect of poor oral health. More than just a cosmetic issue, poor oral health can lead to a host of adverse effects. Infections, abscesses and various levels of pain can all be associated with subpar oral health. Luckily, many of these issues can be rectified or prevented with the proper dental work.
A gorgeous smile can be a great confidence booster, and improved confidence can help you in your love life, professional life and nearly any other situation you may find yourself in.
Give the World the Gift of a New Smile
A smile is so powerful that it can actually promote the release of serotonin, an important neurotransmitter that invokes feelings of well-being and happiness in the receiver’s brain. Anything is possible with the expertise of a competent cosmetic dentist.
Dr. Ben Polan can help get you started down the road to having a vibrant, confident smile that no one will be able to ignore.