OFFER EXPIRES IN:
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION ($125 Value)
What are Gingivitis and Periodontitis?
Gum disease has two stages:
- Gingivitis (the first stage) is due to a plaque buildup which causes inflammation and bleeding of the gums
- Periodontitis (the second stage) begins damaging the supporting bone and fibers holding the position of your teeth. This will eventually cause bone loss, and loss of teeth.
Treatment of Gum Disease
Our office uses the following services and technologies to treat gum disease:
- Computerized Charting: our computer software helps us to measure the depth of the periodontally infected area with each appointment, so we can monitor your progress and customize a treatment just for you.
- Cavitron Ultrasonic Instrumentation: We’re able to quickly, efficiently, and comfortably remove and plaque build-up using modern ultrasonic equipment.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: Our experienced dental hygienists thoroughly remove any tartar deposits and plaque around the roots, helping to eliminate periodontal disease.
- Perio Protect®: A method used to help manage biofilm – pockets of bacteria growing in between teeth and gum tissue – in the least invasive way possible.
- Cavi-Jet: Like a miniature pressure-washer, the Cavi-Jet uses an air polishing system to remove stains and polish the teeth.
Prevention of Gum Disease
Though it’s important to see the dentist for deep cleanings and examinations, the best defense against gum disease is to a maintain good oral hygiene habits, especially brushing and flossing regularly to keep teeth from generating plaque.